This just MAKES ME ILL. Pyramid Lake is beautiful and I love seeing it whenever we travel to or from on Highway 5. I am not believing the “authorities” who are saying that the drinking supply and wildlife are fine. 42,000 gallons of crude oil and we’re supposed to believe it won’t harm the drinking water in the L.A. Basin. Okay. That sounds right.
Once again Miss Valerie sent an INTERESTING LINK. I realized just how big Christian lit was when I spoke on the panel in Tulsa, OK. In the morning before the group sessions started I met with individual writers who had submitted writing samples to the conference. I read twenty stories and at least sixteen of those were Christian themed.
When my web designer put this site together she included a page that allows me to find out how many hits I receive and what websites refer them here. What is really interesting are the search words used to bring people to the site. Here is a random sampling.
1) KIMORA LEE SIMMONS nude pictures. Sorry don’t have any nude photos of anybody on this site. But a quick hello to the 500 of you (yep, 500) who used those five little words to make their way here.
2) SHEA HEMBREY artwork. And from what I understand Shea just completed a few new pieces. We should be so lucky as to own one of his paintings.
3) Critical analysis of THE LAST KING. I suspect that these searchers had term papers due. This happened last fall as well.
4) TRAMBLE FEET which I am not going to link to because, apparently, it’s some kind of porno item. I haven’t looked them/it up because I don’t want to get trapped in porno hell but I have had a great time trying to imagine what this could be. My sisters and I couldn’t come up with anything without breaking into laughter but, damn, learn something new every day. If you guys are brave enough to look email me and let me know what they are but DON’T be graphic or gross.
5) The other inquiries were IDRIS ELBA, THE SHIELD, PROJECT RUNWAY, KARA SAUN, EAST OAKLAND BLOODS, CANE CORSO PIT BULL ATTACKS, SHROUD ADVERTISEMENTS ON SCAFFOLDING, ANGRY BLACK WHITE BOY and THE WIRE.
The top five referring website besides yahoo, google, dogpile and technorati were. . .
2) ABSOLUTE WRITE which seems like a great website. I’d never heard of it until a posting over there sent people my way.
3) THUMPER’S CORNER.
Kinda random, isn’t it?
Moving on. Yesterday at 8 a.m. I encountered a couple (mid 30s) waiting outside a bakery with their infant daughter. As I walked up they started to French kiss with a commitment I haven’t seen high school. I mean, really, beyond teenagers who haven’t had the fear of God put in them by their parents who kisses with tongue at 8a.m. WHO DOES THAT? It caught me so off guard I almost tripped. It was so odd I wanted to ask them about it but I just kept on my way.
Another rejection letter on the short story that is currently making the rounds. This time they didn’t object to the profanity but here is what they said, “I finally read the story by Nichelle Tramble that you sent to me last month. In fact I read it twice because there is a lot there. But when it comes down to it I don’t think it’s the right fit for our readers. I would love to see any other short fiction by Tramble.” Not bad as far as rejections go but I have to admit this publication was in the Top Three on my wish list.
Until next time. . .Pages: